Monday, November 5, 2007
Not recommended for domestic vehicles
Not a place recommended for domestic vehicles as they appear to be clearly inexperienced with fixing them. Contact me to get my long saga. Basically, they didn't know how to perform a relatively simple repair on my truck and let me on the road in a condition that could have caused engine damage (or maybe already did). They weren't upfront about their lack of experience (but admitted it after I asked them straight out) and refused to make a partial refund so that I could take it to a place that will fix it right - they insisted on continuing to work on my vehicle even though they had already messed it up badly. I drove the truck to work and it started to ping really badly at part throttle, making it where I couldn't maintain 60mph on the highway without the truck sounding like a can of marbles. I panicked and took it to the dealer who was able to work on it the same day. Here is what they found:
Read more at austin.citysearch.com
- Intake gaskets were replaced but they are causing vacuum leaks in the engine.
- Tube was left off the DPFE sensor, which led to one of the check-engine conditions.
- The sensor was not installed properly, which caused the engine timing issues and led to the generation of the second check-engine light code.
- Since the dealer was going to have to go in to fix their bad workmanship, I was going to have to pay again to have the entire procedure re-done, to the tune of $700.
- In summary, I am out 200 for the rental + 700 for the repair with nothing to show for it. Basically, the dealer will charge me the same amount of money + another set of rentals to get my truck running right.
I feel pretty bad generating the first negative review for these people but they certainly did not work well for me at all. I wish I hadn't taken my truck there - I only did so based on the reviews on this site so far. I hope my review can save some other poor soul from making the same mistake that I made.
Pros: Good communications skills, appears to be a family run business
Cons: Don't seem to have experience with domestic vehicles, refused to make things right